There’s some fuss going around with this story about GaGa in a burqa.
I wish to express my point of view if you care to read it. I’ve always asked myself why GaGa was so well accepted and loved. It seems I found the answer today.
Right now a lot of guys from the West think that GaGa was super cool in that burqa. M.I.A., on the other hand, was called a “terrorist supporter” when she wore her xxxo burqa back in 2010. At that time many Western countries were trying to ban the burqa (France for example). With this in mind, M.I.A.’s burqa was a finger fuck to all the opponents of the burqa. So we have a political message behind M.I.A.’s decision to wear a burqa and what do you have behind GaGa’s decision? Fashion I’m guessing, transgression. Or simply “nothingness”, she just felt like wearing it.
Why is it a “yes” for Lady GaGa and a “no” for Maya? Is it because M.I.A. is brown?I don’t think so. Is it because M.I.A. is Tamil? Maybe yes. Why does the same thing done by two different persons are weighted differently?
Maybe because in the West both look and appereance and everything that is à la mode is glorified. Lady GaGa fully represents our Western society based on appearance devoid of meaning.
But we already knew that. We noticed it even when yoga, decontextualized from its original essence, was turned into a practice à la mode in our gyms, sold thru megazines or taught thru dvds. The West refuses the substance in the name of the external appearance. The West glorifies GaGa’s nothingness and condemns M.I.A.’s political message.
I’m getting reeeeeal tired of your bullshit, Gaga.
- sweetie-dahling likes this
- pizzahaute likes this
- b--rd likes this
- m-dalloway likes this
- vintagesuicide likes this
- najool1992 reblogged this from electrapopheart
- marnienicole reblogged this from suckmybowtie
- suckmybowtie reblogged this from electrapopheart
- electrapopheart reblogged this from miatranslations
- wizardwaffles likes this
- redbloodroses likes this
- thehummusdance likes this
- alexthefab likes this
- emir-dynamite reblogged this from beakertwirl
- poorgirlfriend likes this
- non-chalantly likes this
- thelifeofmesheher likes this
- iwanttobeyourcat reblogged this from andromedangirl
- andromedangirl reblogged this from miatranslations
- theghosthasclaimedanarchy likes this
- sirazad likes this
- shelbs-bazaar likes this
- clawfootbathtubsuicide1939 likes this
- bebadripz likes this
- thelyonrampant reblogged this from 2bpencil
- deathwillbemybride reblogged this from miatranslations
- farawayfar reblogged this from occupiedmuslim
- watermelon-y likes this
- rossroads reblogged this from ohheybill
- casuallyguilty reblogged this from occupiedmuslim
- norwegianblues reblogged this from owlcommie
- amarsspace likes this
- rachelraindrop reblogged this from occupiedmuslim
- rachelraindrop likes this
- beakertwirl reblogged this from occupiedmuslim
- rzrgrrrl likes this
- allgoodmenfallfromthesky likes this
- raven-broad likes this
- youarebeingbrainwashed reblogged this from mcfruityboots
- bat-faced-girl likes this
- miss-ovarios likes this
- mcfruityboots reblogged this from occupiedmuslim
- mcfruityboots likes this
- handsomesquid likes this
- safeidgul likes this
- gamma-girl likes this
- findmearishta reblogged this from occupiedmuslim
- a-spindly-little-thing reblogged this from occupiedmuslim
- kuchibooty likes this
- truthfullydeceptive reblogged this from occupiedmuslim